Apocalipstick Cosmetics Review

by Casey B on 1/10/2011

Hey Everyone
This is going to be my review on Apocalipstick Cosmetics. I will be discussing their Blush, Pigments, Cosmetics Glitter and Loose Lip Colour.
I really enjoy this line and if you are looking for a new line to try out or are just looking in general, I recommend their pigments, blushes and cosmetic glitter. I got my package in roughly a week. They came safely and were in cute mesh bags. A few came wrapped like candy, which I thought was very clever, and super cute.



Blush.

The container is amazing. I was wondering when a mineral blush would be provided in such a large container. It is super easy to get the brush into and I think the packaging is simple and you can see the product through it which is great. It is also consistent with the rest of their packaging.
The pigmentation of this blush is literally insane. I tend to swipe my Sigma Blush brush across the lid and have enough to usually apply blush to both cheeks for a perfect application.
This specific blush is called ‘Flirt’ and it’s a burnt orange sort of colour. I saw this on the website and I remember telling Abby, the creator, that it’s the perfect blush for Summer/Fall.
The application is smooth and it lasts forever.



Pigments. 
I cannot get enough of this line! Probably one of my favourites so far. As you can see the packaging is consistent with the blush.

The pigmentation is really great when you use it with a base. Other wise it is sheer. So I guess in a way that is good because if you want a sheer day time look don’t use a base. And if you want something a little more bright and edgy, use a base.

The top row of swatches is done with no base and were applied wet with my Sigma 252 brush. The bottom row of swatches was done with a white base (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk) and were applied dry with my Sigma 252 brush.

If you click on the name, you will be brought to the Apocalipstick Cosmetics store, and directed to that specific colours page within that store in case you are interested in learning more about them, or purchasing them.
All the swatches shown are shimmer. The camera made them appear Matte, however they are not!




L-R: Vampire BruiseWicked (D/C), JadedSpankPeach Butt,Wood, Spotlight,Strawberry Frosting (D/C), Rocket (D/C)

Duo-Chromes

Duo chromes (D/C) are awesome because they are just like getting two eye shadows for the price of one. Not only that, but you can easily use one shadow to get a really dramatic look with two colours! Below are  (L-R) Strawberry Frosting, Rocket and Wicked being using with a black base (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean) to bring out the D/C. Compare them to the colours in the swatches below with a white base. Can you see how great they are?




None of the pigments I have used so far have stained and they wash off pretty hassle free as far as pigments are concerned. The blending process is one of the reasons I love this line so much. It is really easy to do. I am sure some of it has to do with the tools I use but also the product is wonderful. It is a very smooth blending formula and I don’t find it to be cakey. As with any pigment of course there is going to be fall out. Be sure to tap your brush off before application and it should help. I don’t notice any creasing when I use this product without a base. When I use it with a NYX Jumbo Pencil in milk it does sometimes crease just because the Jumbo Pencil is so creamy. I find the formula really sticks to whichever brush I use. In my opinion I would say that it is easy to pick up and apply to the eyes.

A few weeks back I had done my makeup around 2 in the afternoon and later that night I was going out to a concert at a local bar. I didn’t have to touch up my eye makeup once, and 10 hours later, and after being at a stuffy hot bar, my makeup was still perfect. If that’s not long wear, I don’t know what is!

Cosmetic Glitter.

I was very excited to use this stuff when I got it because I had never used cosmetic glitter before. I really like using it even though I don’t really have anything to compare it to! I think it really amps up any look.



Above – L-R: RainbowPurple RainDark Fairy










Loose Lip Colour.


I enjoy this stuff because you can mix it to your own intensity. All you need is a lip brush and a clear lip gloss. What I think is a draw back is that it is not as convenient as lip gloss or lipstick because this comes in powder form.

The one that I have is called Shocktart and as you can see it is a hot pink colour. Please ignore the terrible, streaky white manicure : c )














0 Response to 'Apocalipstick Cosmetics Review'

Post a Comment