MAC: Painterly Paint Pot Review

by Casey B on 6/02/2011


This product is semi new to me. Meaning, I have never used it before up until about a month ago. I heard all this hype about the product and thought "There's no way it's that great!" I stand corrected!




To use: Apply the Painterly Paint pot to the lid and crease area of the eye, blend in, then apply your eye makeup as normal.



I took a photo of my makeup immediately following application at 10:00am and another one at the end of the day around 9:00pm.

The photos on the right are the 10:00am application and the 9:00pm is the day worn makeup. The colours in the photos are slightly different simply because one was shot in day light with no flash, and the other was shot in my bathroom with a flash. But if you look closely at the eye makeup itself, it held together very well for 11 hours of wear!



  10:00 am      9:00 pm


This specific base is similar to my skin tone so its the perfect choice. I find that it applies like a cream but dries/sets and then is hard to move. This helps it hold and helps the makeup last.



Due to the fact that a small amount is being applied at a time, this pot should last a single person quite some time, even with everyday use.

Basically I am in love with this product and I highly recommend it. It's a little on the expensive side, however like I said, it will go a long way to last a long time!

You can also use this as a spot concealer for under eye circles and also for imperfections on the face! 

Do you currently use this product as a primer? What do you think of it?








1 Response to 'MAC: Painterly Paint Pot Review'
  1. Ileana Madarnaz
    http://misscaseyb.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-painterly-paint-pot-review.html?showComment=1312582039897#c4337723050110433946'> August 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM

    I heard the same things as you, everybody loves it, but haven;t try it yet, maybe I'll give it a try too! Thnx for the review!

     

Post a Comment