Hey Everyone! 

When I was younger, my hair was pin straight. In high school, I barely had to straighten it at all. A few minutes and it was good. Really healthy, but no life. My Mom however, had pretty beachy style waves and on most days, looked like pretty loose romantic curls.  

When I reached my twenties, my hair (and nails, since they run on the same vitamins) began to change. I noticed it began to get more shape, more wave, move volume, more frizz. Straightening it became a chore because it almost doubled in time and if I stepped out into humidity or dampness, well then you can just forget about it! I began to get wavy, beachy curls, just like my Mom. Alas! So much less work and still looks pretty all. The. Time! It took a lot of trial and error trying out products that worked with my style, not against it. I figured out that I needed a creamy formula, not a crunchy drying one (think mousse hair circa 1989). I found one and I have been using it for years. You know what they say, "don't fix what ain't broke!" 

Recently I had the opportunity to try out a new line from one of the pioneers of hair styling. Its called the 'Girls With Curls' hair line and it is new from Dippity-Do. Ahhh-mazing! So far, I have tried out the Leave-In Curl Defining Cream. I wanted to try each styling product out at a time (so everytime I wash my hair, I will try a new one) so I knew how each would react with my mane. 

Enriched with natural Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Aloe and Vitamin E to calm and smooth frizz while nourishing and defining curls for springy, long-lasting bounce.

This defining cream is so nice! It smells amazing and although a light-weight cream, once applied to your hair, you can feel your hair changing. It feels very nourishing and wraps each strand. This defining curl cream is:

  • Colour safe, paraben free.
  • A beauty balm to nourish and style dry, frizzy hair.
  • Ideal for thick to medium, curly or wavy hair.
  • Humidity resistant, the specialized curl shaping polymers control volume and frizz. 
  • Can be used on damp or dry hair to refresh style as needed.
  • Helps reduce breakage and control static.
  • Contains Sunflower Seed Oil and UV filters to help prolong colour vibrancy.
  • Weightless, non-greasy formula won’t leave the hair feeling dull and lifeless.
  • Ideal for thick to medium, curly or wavy hair. 

Below you can see the outcome. My hair is very full, more volume than I had before when using my old product and the shapes of the curls are much more defined. I feel like there is more bounce to my curls now. I am in love. I am so happy I found this product. I am certain it has replaced my old go-to product. 


(Click to View Full Size Image)
Since my hair is quite long, I used a size equal to that of a small egg and only applied it to my ends. I then scrunched up with my hands to create the shapes. Then I threw my hair up in a ballet bun and hit the sheets. I like doing this because your hair in a circle bun will form the roundness of the curls as you sleep and will then dry that way holding the shape until you wet it. 


Dippity-Do Girls with Curls collection will be sold at select retail outlets across Canada. Available March 2014, the dippity-do Girls with Curls collection is sold for a suggested retail price of $6.99 per product. A great price when you compare it to some salon brands! 

Next, I will be trying out the Curl Shaping Gelee. Check back for a review over the next week :) 






2 Response to 'Dippity Do Girls With Curls Defining Cream'
  1. bunny
    http://misscaseyb.blogspot.com/2014/02/dippity-do-girls-with-curls-defining.html?showComment=1424657213994#c4248269743459821269'> February 22, 2015 at 6:06 PM

    How do you use it? the instructions on the tube are frustratingly lacking

     

  2. MissCaseyB
    http://misscaseyb.blogspot.com/2014/02/dippity-do-girls-with-curls-defining.html?showComment=1424716958413#c4471222955329790097'> February 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM

    I use a quarter (coin) sized amount in my hands and run it through all the ends of my hair, then scrunch it slightly to encourage the wavy shape of my strands.

     

Post a Comment